Organizing spaces - from home to office - is gaining fame. Everyone wants to know HOW to make their home better, more spacious, or even simply to refresh and update your interior. Invite an interior designer? Not a bad idea. But professional organizers offer you a budget option that will turn your home into a new one within a few hours. If this is not the effect of the fairy godmother’s wand, I don’t know what else it is.
A couple of weeks ago my Instagram account has been bubbling with comments on amazing news - Netflix will make a show with The Home Edit and Reese Witherspoon, and we can see how professional organizers work in celebrity houses. Wow! What could be more interesting?
1. I love the Home Edit duo (and all their assistants). They love rainbow color coding, this is their mark. Modern design is so focused on white-black-gray schemes, and we so lack of wonderful colors in our interiors. It’s definitely very challenging to combine a variety of colors, and rainbow is the best answer. The next best answer is to watch Master the Mess - an American reality home improvement series hosted by Clea Shearer and Joanna Teplin and get to know more about how exactly Joanna and Clea are working in the home of their customers, what options they apply.
2. Categories. Create as few categories as possible. Combine alike (but very few) products into a bigger category. Understand how you are using this item and with what other items you use, it will help you identify the category. Name it. Put into a box and stick a label.
3. Feel the space. Measure it and visualize what containers can fit there: lower, taller, with cover or without. Your routine, your habits and sizes of products you use in this space will let you understand what exactly can help you stay organized in this space.
4. Containers, containers, containers. There are so many of them, they can be so different that it’s not really easy to decide which one you need. Choose transparent plastic for everything that you need to see clearly: fruits/vegetables, cererals, candies, cookies. You will eaisly see how much is there and if you need to buy more. Choose wire baskets for storing packages, they also help you to see the quantity and are so easy to reach even from very high levels.
5. With clothes - find your way. If this is easy - use hangers for your clothes. If thee space is limited - go for folding and keep everything compact in your drawers. There are wonderful cell-containers that will help you with socks and underwear. It takes seconds to make the drawer look neat and ready.
Now we need just to wait a little bit before we know everything about celebrities’ homes. Patience is the virtue, and we all look forward to seeing the new Netflix show soon.